LACSW is a professional organization for clinical social workers in either administrative or clinical roles who function in diverse settings in both the private and public sectors from medical hospitals, nursing homes, psychiatric hospitals, outpatient clinics, school systems or private practice.
LACSW offers its members the following benefits:
- A Board of Directors with state - wide representation to oversee the concerns of clinical social workers across the state of Louisiana.
- An active presence in the Louisiana legislature through a full-time lobbyist who promotes clinical social work issues for the consumer and the social work practitioner.
- Discounts for workshops on clinical social work skills sponsored by the Continuing Education Committee within the Association.
- A clearinghouse for concerns of clinical social workers that are beyond the influence of the individual practitioner.
- Listing in a membership directory made available to health care companies and consumers to market the clinical social work services of the members.
- A Bi-monthly newsletter to keep members informed of the actions of the Association on their behalf.
- Staying abreast of national concerns via LACSW's membership in the Council of Social Work Organizations created in 2006 by the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work.
- Representative interaction with managed care companies in Louisiana to assure high clinical practice standards and appropriate fee structures.